Subject: Softimage and feature suggestion...
From: [email-masked] (Jonathon Bowman)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 16:03:23 -0800

Hey all...

        Just got the Softimage demo tape in the mail, and man was I
impressed.  That's one piece of software that I would kill for.

        Two of the features in softimage which I really found neat were the
Keyboard and Mouse Motion capture, as well as the deformation fields.  

        I'm just wondering, how hard would it be to write a plugin to allow
MoCap from the keyboard and mouse. 
        I haven't really looked at the Plugin Developer's Kit so I'm not
sure what the limits of the plugin architecture are, but it doesn't seem
like it would be that hard to be able to assign keyboard keys to different
actions, and then animate your character in real time by hitting keys.  I
loved how the guy in the video could animate the bee running by alternately
hitting two keys.   

        And the ability to set up free standing deformation lattices ( a la
trueSpace) would also be a great feature.

        Just some suggestions,
                Jonathon Bowman

***********************************
*    [email-masked]           *
* www.ionline.net/~jbowman/    *
*      SAGA Productions                *
***********************************

        "Spritzer, on ice in New York City,
          Isn't it a pity, you never had anything that makes me laugh..."  
                                                                            
                                        Pavement.